MADISON, Wis. - An Evansville woman was escorted from American Family Children's Hospital for the second time in two days after impersonating a nurse.
Shelley Schneider, 52, was removed from the hospital after she entered the building without an ID claiming she was a pediatric nurse.
Hospital security called UW police to remove Schneider from the lobby. She was cited for criminal misdemeanor trespassing and released.
According to a statement from UW police spokesperson Marc Lovicott, all procedures at the hospital worked. Schneider was never anywhere but the lobby. He added the incident is "very concerning."
AFCH said it would be stepping up security. It is asking employees to always wear their ID badges and ask for ID when they see someone working without one.
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK