MADISON, Wis. - An Evansville woman was escorted from American Family Children's Hospital for the second time in two days after impersonating a nurse.
Shelley Schneider, 52, was removed from the hospital after she entered the building without an ID claiming she was a pediatric nurse.
Hospital security called UW police to remove Schneider from the lobby. She was cited for criminal misdemeanor trespassing and released.
According to a statement from UW police spokesperson Marc Lovicott, all procedures at the hospital worked. Schneider was never anywhere but the lobby. He added the incident is "very concerning."
AFCH said it would be stepping up security. It is asking employees to always wear their ID badges and ask for ID when they see someone working without one.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online