MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman was arrested outside Visions Nightclub after pepper spraying nightclub employees and spitting blood into an officer's eye, according to a release.
Madison police were dispatched to Visions Nightclub on Thursday night to reports of a disturbance, according to the release.
Officials said they could smell pepper spray inside Visions when they got to the scene around 1:30 a.m.
Officials said Brittaney M. Boyd, 25, was being held down after she allegedly used pepper spray against Visions' employees after she was mad about not being allowed into Visions when it was about to close for the night.
Boyd was yelling and screaming expletives at the officer as the officer tried to calm her down, according to the release.
As an officer was taking Boyd to a squad car she tried to kick the officer and successfully spat blood into the officer's eye, according to the release.
Officials said Boyd continued to threaten the officer as she was being taken to the Dane County Jail.
Boyd was arrested on charges of causing bodily harm by use of pepper spray, battery, resisting a police officer and discharging bodily fluids at a public safety worker.
The officer had to receive medical attention after exposure to Boyd's blood, according to the release.Madison crime map
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls