MADISON, Wis. - A 30-year-old woman admitted to using heroin before crashing her car with a baby on board into a pole in Madison, according to police.
Police responded to South Stoughton Road near Cottage Grove Road at 1:15 p.m. on Wednesday for a report of a car that struck a light pole.
A five-month-old baby was on board, according to police. No one was injured.
Lisa J. Gray, 30, of Edgerton and Pardeeville, was arrested on suspicion of second-degree reckless endangerment, operating while impaired and she was cited on suspicion of marijuana possession.
Police said the baby was turned over to a responsible adult.
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue