MADISON, Wis. - A 30-year-old woman admitted to using heroin before crashing her car with a baby on board into a pole in Madison, according to police.
Police responded to South Stoughton Road near Cottage Grove Road at 1:15 p.m. on Wednesday for a report of a car that struck a light pole.
A five-month-old baby was on board, according to police. No one was injured.
Lisa J. Gray, 30, of Edgerton and Pardeeville, was arrested on suspicion of second-degree reckless endangerment, operating while impaired and she was cited on suspicion of marijuana possession.
Police said the baby was turned over to a responsible adult.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes