MADISON, Wis. - A 27-year-old woman needed multiple staples for two head wounds after a robbery on the 600 block of South Shore Drive early Saturday morning.
According to a report from Madison police, the woman was walking home from State Street when a man started running at her.
She told police she believed the man had a bat.
According to the report, she said she has no memory of the attack, but her cellphone and a debit card were missing after the attack.
Madison crime map
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash