MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman was mugged while walking to work on a bike path Monday morning, according to Madison police.
The woman told police she was walking to work when in the 1500 block of Williamson Street a stranger came up behind her, grabbed her, threatened her, punched her and threw her to the ground.
The man took the woman's computer and purse and was last seen running toward the Capitol.
The stolen purse is Coach brand that has the word Coach written in black and pink on the outside of the bag, police said. There was also a brown Coach wallet inside the purse.
Officials believe the items may be dumped somewhere, and ask anyone who finds items matching the descriptions to not touch the items, and call 911 to let police properly collect the items.
The robber is described as black, in his 40s, 6 feet tall, with a thin build and facial stubble. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and black pants.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street