TOWN OF DEERFIELD, Wis. - Three people were taken to University of Wisconsin Hospital and one of them died after a two-vehicle crash in the Town of Deerfield Sunday afternoon, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the intersection of State Highway 73 and County Road BB at 4:57 p.m. for a report of a two-vehicle crash.
Investigators said a car stopped at a stop sign on County Road BB entered the intersection and was struck by a pick-up truck traveling south on Highway 73.
The driver of the car, a 31-year-old Maryland man, was taken to the hospital with serious injuries. A 29-year-old Maryland woman who was a passenger in the car was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries and died early Monday morning, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
The driver of the truck, a 27-year-old Beloit man, was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
A reconstruction of the crash was conducted at the scene, and the road was closed for several hours.
Deputies said the cause of the crash has not been determined.20217782
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK