MAUSTON, Wis. - A 64-year-old LaCrosse woman was killed and a man was flown to UW Hospital after an interstate crash near Mauston, according to a release from the Wisconsin State Patrol.
Investigators said a 69-year-old LaCrosse man was driving west on Interstate 94 near mile marker 73 when he crossed the median and the eastbound lanes before striking a large tree in the west ditch.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. The man was taken to UW Hospital by Med Flight.
The names of the man and woman are being withheld pending notification of family.
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin