MAUSTON, Wis. - A 64-year-old LaCrosse woman was killed and a man was flown to UW Hospital after an interstate crash near Mauston, according to a release from the Wisconsin State Patrol.
Investigators said a 69-year-old LaCrosse man was driving west on Interstate 94 near mile marker 73 when he crossed the median and the eastbound lanes before striking a large tree in the west ditch.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. The man was taken to UW Hospital by Med Flight.
The names of the man and woman are being withheld pending notification of family.
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing
- Inmates sue over conditions at Wisconsin youth prison
- Crews put out, monitor insulation fire at construction site, officials say
- Janesville man killed in crash on I-90 near South Beloit