MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Medical Examiner's Office has identified the woman killed Friday morning in a single-vehicle crash on County Road PB as Devan Gunderson-VanWitzenburg, 22, of Verona.
Deputies and emergency crews from Verona responded to County Road PB at 3:22 a.m. for a report of an accident. Responders arrived to find the vehicle on its roof on the west side of the road. VanWitzenburg was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators said they believe speed was a contributing factor in the crash. They believe VanWitzenburg lost control of the vehicle and it rolled several times before landing in the field.
The case is still under investigation, the medical examiner said.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry