MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Medical Examiner's Office has identified the woman killed Friday morning in a single-vehicle crash on County Road PB as Devan Gunderson-VanWitzenburg, 22, of Verona.
Deputies and emergency crews from Verona responded to County Road PB at 3:22 a.m. for a report of an accident. Responders arrived to find the vehicle on its roof on the west side of the road. VanWitzenburg was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators said they believe speed was a contributing factor in the crash. They believe VanWitzenburg lost control of the vehicle and it rolled several times before landing in the field.
The case is still under investigation, the medical examiner said.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land