MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Medical Examiner's Office has identified the woman killed Friday morning in a single-vehicle crash on County Road PB as Devan Gunderson-VanWitzenburg, 22, of Verona.
Deputies and emergency crews from Verona responded to County Road PB at 3:22 a.m. for a report of an accident. Responders arrived to find the vehicle on its roof on the west side of the road. VanWitzenburg was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators said they believe speed was a contributing factor in the crash. They believe VanWitzenburg lost control of the vehicle and it rolled several times before landing in the field.
The case is still under investigation, the medical examiner said.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two