TOWN OF ST. GERMAIN, Wis. - Authorities in northern Wisconsin said a 40-year-old woman from Illinois was killed when she crashed her snowmobile.
WSAW-TV in Wausau reported Tuesday that the crash happened Monday night in the Town of St. Germain.
The Vilas County Sheriff's Department said the woman failed to negotiate a curve and rolled her snowmobile down an embankment. She died of internal injuries.
The woman was a resident of Morton, Ill. Her name has not been released.
Authorities said alcohol may have been a factor in the crash.
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors2
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head