TOWN OF ST. GERMAIN, Wis. - Authorities in northern Wisconsin said a 40-year-old woman from Illinois was killed when she crashed her snowmobile.
WSAW-TV in Wausau reported Tuesday that the crash happened Monday night in the Town of St. Germain.
The Vilas County Sheriff's Department said the woman failed to negotiate a curve and rolled her snowmobile down an embankment. She died of internal injuries.
The woman was a resident of Morton, Ill. Her name has not been released.
Authorities said alcohol may have been a factor in the crash.
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game