TOWN OF ST. GERMAIN, Wis. - Authorities in northern Wisconsin said a 40-year-old woman from Illinois was killed when she crashed her snowmobile.
WSAW-TV in Wausau reported Tuesday that the crash happened Monday night in the Town of St. Germain.
The Vilas County Sheriff's Department said the woman failed to negotiate a curve and rolled her snowmobile down an embankment. She died of internal injuries.
The woman was a resident of Morton, Ill. Her name has not been released.
Authorities said alcohol may have been a factor in the crash.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says