TOWN OF ST. GERMAIN, Wis. - Authorities in northern Wisconsin said a 40-year-old woman from Illinois was killed when she crashed her snowmobile.
WSAW-TV in Wausau reported Tuesday that the crash happened Monday night in the Town of St. Germain.
The Vilas County Sheriff's Department said the woman failed to negotiate a curve and rolled her snowmobile down an embankment. She died of internal injuries.
The woman was a resident of Morton, Ill. Her name has not been released.
Authorities said alcohol may have been a factor in the crash.
- State DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested