DICKEYVILLE, Wis. - The Hazel Green woman who died in a single-vehicle crash in Grant County Tuesday afternoon has been identified, according to a release.
Frances Chaffee, 76, was killed in the accident on Rock Cut Road at Highway 11, officials said.
Crews had responded to reports of the crash around 1:40 p.m., officials said.
A 1994 Ford Explorer was traveling southbound down a hill on Rock Cut Road when Chaffee lost control on a curve at the bottom of the hill, investigators said. The vehicle slid sideways and hit a bridge guardrail on the passenger side of the vehicle.
Police said the vehicle then overturned onto the roof and slid down an embankment into the middle of a creek.
Chaffee sustained fatal injuries, according to the release. She was the only occupant of the vehicle and was wearing a seat belt.Rock Cut Road near Hwy 11, Grant County
- Expect traffic delays downtown for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash
- Russian officials: We're not counting on Trump to lift sanctions
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- 20-year-old UW-Whitewater student dies of brain injury