EMMET TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A woman killed in a crash in Dodge County Saturday morning has been identified.
Darilyn J. Pfeiffer, 61, of Reeseville, was driving a minivan on Highway Q when she did not obey a stop sign at Highway 26 in the town of Emmet, officials said.
An early investigation showed her van was struck by a semi-trailer, which was heading south on Highway 26. The van went into a ditch and started on fire.
The woman died at the scene, while the truck's driver, Roger J. Hebert, 59, of Chatham, Ontario, was not hurt.
No other passengers were in the minivan.
The Dodge County Sheriff's Department continues to investigate the crash.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs