EMMET TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A woman killed in a crash in Dodge County Saturday morning has been identified.
Darilyn J. Pfeiffer, 61, of Reeseville, was driving a minivan on Highway Q when she did not obey a stop sign at Highway 26 in the town of Emmet, officials said.
An early investigation showed her van was struck by a semi-trailer, which was heading south on Highway 26. The van went into a ditch and started on fire.
The woman died at the scene, while the truck's driver, Roger J. Hebert, 59, of Chatham, Ontario, was not hurt.
No other passengers were in the minivan.
The Dodge County Sheriff's Department continues to investigate the crash.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral