JANESVILLE, Wis. - A woman injured in a crash in rural Rock County Sunday afternoon is suspected of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to West County Road BW and Mineral Point Road in Center Township at 6:46 p.m. on Sunday for a report of a traffic accident with injuries. They said they found that a car traveling east on West County Road B struck a ditch when the driver failed to negotiate a curve.
Marna C. Krumwiede, 42, of Janesville, was taken to Mercy Hospital and Trauma Center for treatment of fractured vertebrae in her neck.
Krumwiede was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense OWI and was cited on suspicion of operating after revocation, failure to maintain control, operating a vehicle without insurance and failure to fasten a seat belt.
Deputies said they obtained a search warrant for a legal brood draw after Krumweide refused a blood test.
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin