JANESVILLE, Wis. - A woman injured in a crash in rural Rock County Sunday afternoon is suspected of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to West County Road BW and Mineral Point Road in Center Township at 6:46 p.m. on Sunday for a report of a traffic accident with injuries. They said they found that a car traveling east on West County Road B struck a ditch when the driver failed to negotiate a curve.
Marna C. Krumwiede, 42, of Janesville, was taken to Mercy Hospital and Trauma Center for treatment of fractured vertebrae in her neck.
Krumwiede was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense OWI and was cited on suspicion of operating after revocation, failure to maintain control, operating a vehicle without insurance and failure to fasten a seat belt.
Deputies said they obtained a search warrant for a legal brood draw after Krumweide refused a blood test.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes