JANESVILLE, Wis. - A woman injured in a crash in rural Rock County Sunday afternoon is suspected of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to West County Road BW and Mineral Point Road in Center Township at 6:46 p.m. on Sunday for a report of a traffic accident with injuries. They said they found that a car traveling east on West County Road B struck a ditch when the driver failed to negotiate a curve.
Marna C. Krumwiede, 42, of Janesville, was taken to Mercy Hospital and Trauma Center for treatment of fractured vertebrae in her neck.
Krumwiede was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense OWI and was cited on suspicion of operating after revocation, failure to maintain control, operating a vehicle without insurance and failure to fasten a seat belt.
Deputies said they obtained a search warrant for a legal brood draw after Krumweide refused a blood test.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend