MADISON, Wis. - A 31-year-old Madison woman was beaten during a child custody dispute, according to a release from Madison police.
Officers were called to the 7000 block of Tree Lane on June 22 for a report of a violent assault and said they found a woman in need of medical treatment.
Investigators said the woman and her former boyfriend, Ricky A. Burks, 33, of Madison, had a disagreement when Burks refused to return a child to her. Burks dragged the woman from her home to a parking lot where she was kicked and punched before he fled, police said. The woman went back to her home and called police.
Burks was arrested Friday evening by an officer on foot patrol, police said. He was arrested on suspicion of substantial battery and disorderly conduct.
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later