MADISON, Wis. - A 31-year-old Madison woman was beaten during a child custody dispute, according to a release from Madison police.
Officers were called to the 7000 block of Tree Lane on June 22 for a report of a violent assault and said they found a woman in need of medical treatment.
Investigators said the woman and her former boyfriend, Ricky A. Burks, 33, of Madison, had a disagreement when Burks refused to return a child to her. Burks dragged the woman from her home to a parking lot where she was kicked and punched before he fled, police said. The woman went back to her home and called police.
Burks was arrested Friday evening by an officer on foot patrol, police said. He was arrested on suspicion of substantial battery and disorderly conduct.
- Enbridge says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists