MADISON, Wis. - A 64-year-old woman was injured and cited after walking into traffic on South Park Street in Madison Tuesday, according to police.
Witnesses said the woman made it across several lanes of traffic in the 2200 block of S. Park St. before a driver had to slam on brakes to avoid hitting her.
Police said the woman was struck by a vehicle in the far southbound lane. She sustained non-life-threatening injuries.
The woman was not in a crosswalk and was cited for sudden pedestrian movement, according to police.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire