MADISON, Wis. - A 64-year-old woman was injured and cited after walking into traffic on South Park Street in Madison Tuesday, according to police.
Witnesses said the woman made it across several lanes of traffic in the 2200 block of S. Park St. before a driver had to slam on brakes to avoid hitting her.
Police said the woman was struck by a vehicle in the far southbound lane. She sustained non-life-threatening injuries.
The woman was not in a crosswalk and was cited for sudden pedestrian movement, according to police.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart