TOWN OF SPRINGFIELD, Wis. - A Dane woman was injured when her car rear-ended a tractor hauling a manure spreader Tuesday, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said Angela A Fiscus, 26, was driving east on Highway 12 and struck the tractor just south of Kickaboo Road in the town of Springfield at 12:25 p.m.
Fiscus was pinned in the car, according to emergency crews. Once freed, she was flown to University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison. Her injuries are serious, but not life-threatening, according to deputies.
The driver of the tractor was not injured.
Traffic was rerouted for about an hour and a half.
Deputies said citations are pending.
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing