MADISON, Wis. - A woman who was hit by a car while attempting to cross East Washington Avenue Aug. 8 died over the weekend, officials said.
Andrea Maniss, 50, of Madison, was in critical condition after being hit in a crosswalk around 3:25 p.m. when the driver of the vehicle in the center lane hit her, according to a release.
Officials said the driver attempted to stop but was unable to.
The crash remains under investigation and no citations have been issued, according to the release.
Officials ask anyone with information about the crash to call Crimestoppers at 608-266-6014.
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say
- State Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- State dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Madison man claims $50,000 lottery prize
- Consumer Reports: How to ease stress of moving