Fire officials are investigating a blaze that killed a woman in Sun Prairie New Year's Day.
The Sun Prairie Volunteer Fire Department said crews responded to a report of a fire with someone trapped on the 800 block of Birchwood Trail at about 11:49 a.m.
Fire department spokesman Garrett Voss said firefighters arrived at the home to find a woman, Carrie Gray, 43, of Sun Prairie, who was deceased.
No one else was in the house when rescue crews arrived, Strauss said.
The chief would not say where in the home Gray was found.
According to a release, Gray died from injuries she sustained in the fire.
Officials said the investigation is ongoing and the Wisconsin Fire Marshal's Office and Sun Prairie Police Department are assisting the fire department.
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn
- WIAA board approves concussion insurance for student athletes
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet