STERLING, Ill. - Law enforcement officials in Illinois are issuing a national alert as they look for a man suspected in one death and sought in connection with the death of a 44-year-old woman found dead at a rest stop on Tuesday.
The Illinois State Police said Terence Doddy, 36, of Rockford, is a person of interest in the investigation of Tuesday's death. He's also wanted in connection with a June 30 homicide in Rockford.
Officials said Tonya D. Bargman, of Monticello, Illinois, was found dead Tuesday at the Willow Creek rest stop on Interstate 39, about 50 miles south of Rockford. A rest stop attendant found Bargman at 8:30 p.m. Investigators said surveillance video showed a woman being attacked by a man as she left a bathroom.
Doddy was last seen driving a gray 2013 Nissan Altima with Illinois license plates BARGMN2.
Police are asking the public to take precautions when visiting rest stop areas.
Anyone with any information is asked to call 911 or the Illinois State Police Zone 2 office at 815-632-4010.
- Eau Claire TV station owner sues over duo's on-air prank
- Alcohol use among senior citizens on the rise
- Door County trees chomped by invasive bugs
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases