STERLING, Ill. - Law enforcement officials in Illinois are issuing a national alert as they look for a man suspected in one death and sought in connection with the death of a 44-year-old woman found dead at a rest stop on Tuesday.
The Illinois State Police said Terence Doddy, 36, of Rockford, is a person of interest in the investigation of Tuesday's death. He's also wanted in connection with a June 30 homicide in Rockford.
Officials said Tonya D. Bargman, of Monticello, Illinois, was found dead Tuesday at the Willow Creek rest stop on Interstate 39, about 50 miles south of Rockford. A rest stop attendant found Bargman at 8:30 p.m. Investigators said surveillance video showed a woman being attacked by a man as she left a bathroom.
Doddy was last seen driving a gray 2013 Nissan Altima with Illinois license plates BARGMN2.
Police are asking the public to take precautions when visiting rest stop areas.
Anyone with any information is asked to call 911 or the Illinois State Police Zone 2 office at 815-632-4010.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns