TOWN OF SYLVESTER, Wis. - An Albany woman was flown to a hospital after jumping from a vehicle, according to a report from the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said Heather L.D. Halverson, 26, jumped from a vehicle driven by Laverne J. Richards, 47, of Monroe, in the northbound lane State Highway 59 south of Burkhalter Road after 6 p.m. Sunday. Halverson fell onto the pavement and was taken to a hospital by MedFlight.
Richards was arrested on suspicion of first-offense operating while intoxicated.
Monroe police, Juda first response and Monroe EMS assisted at the scene.
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out