TOWN OF SYLVESTER, Wis. - An Albany woman was flown to a hospital after jumping from a vehicle, according to a report from the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said Heather L.D. Halverson, 26, jumped from a vehicle driven by Laverne J. Richards, 47, of Monroe, in the northbound lane State Highway 59 south of Burkhalter Road after 6 p.m. Sunday. Halverson fell onto the pavement and was taken to a hospital by MedFlight.
Richards was arrested on suspicion of first-offense operating while intoxicated.
Monroe police, Juda first response and Monroe EMS assisted at the scene.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say