TOWN OF SPRING GROVE, Wis. - A Monroe woman was flown to UW Hospital in Madison after crashing into a hay wagon, according to a release from the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called at 8:14 p.m. Tuesday to the W1400 block of State Highway 11 in the town of Spring Grove on a report of a vehicle-hay wagon crash.
Investigators said a farm tractor loaded with baled corn stalks driven by Evan Marchant, 22, of Brodhead, was headed west on Highway 11 and and was turning left into a driveway when a wheel on the wagon broke, tipping the wagon on its side in the road.
A vehicle driven by Jeanne Riley, 69, of Monroe was traveling west on Highway 11 when it hit the hay wagon, deputies said. She was taken to Monroe Clinic and then flown to UW Hospital. She said she was not wearing a seat belt.
Marchant was not injured.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap