TOWN OF SPRING GROVE, Wis. - A Monroe woman was flown to UW Hospital in Madison after crashing into a hay wagon, according to a release from the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called at 8:14 p.m. Tuesday to the W1400 block of State Highway 11 in the town of Spring Grove on a report of a vehicle-hay wagon crash.
Investigators said a farm tractor loaded with baled corn stalks driven by Evan Marchant, 22, of Brodhead, was headed west on Highway 11 and and was turning left into a driveway when a wheel on the wagon broke, tipping the wagon on its side in the road.
A vehicle driven by Jeanne Riley, 69, of Monroe was traveling west on Highway 11 when it hit the hay wagon, deputies said. She was taken to Monroe Clinic and then flown to UW Hospital. She said she was not wearing a seat belt.
Marchant was not injured.
- Lawsuit accuses Milwaukee police officers of illegal stop-and-frisks
- Officials discuss fix to collapsed bridge
- Criminal investigators to look into apartment fire in Green Lake County
- Mexican official threatens to halt U.S. corn imports, worrying local farmers
- Incumbent Evers advances easily in schools race
- Consumer Reports: Genetic testing your health