TOWN OF SPRING GROVE, Wis. - A Monroe woman was flown to UW Hospital in Madison after crashing into a hay wagon, according to a release from the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called at 8:14 p.m. Tuesday to the W1400 block of State Highway 11 in the town of Spring Grove on a report of a vehicle-hay wagon crash.
Investigators said a farm tractor loaded with baled corn stalks driven by Evan Marchant, 22, of Brodhead, was headed west on Highway 11 and and was turning left into a driveway when a wheel on the wagon broke, tipping the wagon on its side in the road.
A vehicle driven by Jeanne Riley, 69, of Monroe was traveling west on Highway 11 when it hit the hay wagon, deputies said. She was taken to Monroe Clinic and then flown to UW Hospital. She said she was not wearing a seat belt.
Marchant was not injured.
- Dane County deputies shut down Bratfest carnival
- Police investigate bomb threat at Madison library
- Extra Janesville officers on patrol for 'Click It or Ticket' enforcement
- Diabetics feeling pinch as insulin prices rise 8 percent
- Police: occupants of both cars in hit-and-run flee scene
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash