TOWN OF DELLONA, Wis. - Speed and alcohol were factors in a crash that sent a woman to the hospital after she crashed her SUV into a combine, according to a release from the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called at 7:30 p.m. Monday to County Road H at Lyndon Road in the town of Dellona on a report of a single-vehicle crash.
Investigators said Trista Lee Youngthunder, 28, of Sauk City, was driving a SUV west on County Road H at a high rate of speed when she failed to negotiate a curve. The SUV left the road and struck a combine that was parked off the road. The SUV rolled onto its side and Youngthunder was trapped inside, according to the release.
Firefighters freed Youngthunder, who was taken to Reedsburg Hospital and then flown to UW Hospital.
Youngthunder was cited on suspicion of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and for having open intoxicants in a vehicle.
The Wisconsin State Patrol, the Delton Fire Department and Dells-Delton ambulance assisted at the scene.
- Study shows Wisconsin poverty rate reached new low in 2015
- Jerry Kramer joins honor flight trip to help Vietnam veterans
- Brat Fest carnival to close early Sunday after late night fights
- Car rolls over into residential home's front lawn
- Janesville police investigate first homicide since 2014
- Fort Atkinson man arrested for sixth OWI