MADISON, Wis. - A 43-year-old Madison woman discovered a significant amount of cash spread out in the snow as she was walking to work Monday morning on the city's near east side.
The woman was walking in the 1800 block of East Johnson Street when a large denomination bill just off the sidewalk caught her eye.
At first she thought this was her lucky day, and then she noticed there were more bills, lots of bills, in the snow near the sidewalk, and she figured she had better call police, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
Madison police said the bills have been inspected and have been determined to be legitimate and in good condition.
The exact amount of money found is not being released, "but suffice to say it is significant," Madison police said the incident report.
Police said how the bills came to be spread about in the snow is not known, as there were no other clues found -- just the cash.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart