VERONA, Wis. - A 26-year-old woman was injured Monday afternoon after falling into a hole near a construction site on the Epic Systems campus.
Dane County Dispatch said the call came in around 1:20 p.m. for crews to help get the woman out of the hole and to assess her injuries.
The woman works for one of the construction companies currently working on the campus, Verona police said. She was working with a crew doing maintenance when she fell into a concrete shaft about 30 feet deep.
She was conscious and alert when crews pulled her out of the hole, officials said. She was transported to University of Wisconsin Hospital for her injuries, but the extent of her injuries is not known.
The incident happened north of the original epic campuses, police said.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend