VERNON COUNTY, Wis. - A 26-year-old woman faces criminal damage to property charges for driving her vehicle on farm fields, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
Authorities said Katie Karper, of La Crosse, caused $2,000 in damage to two farm fields that have different owners.
The first incident was reported on May 2, 2013, and happened near County Road V in Mt. Tabor. The second incident happened on June 22, 2013 near Norwegian Hollow Road in Ontario.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office said Karper was not arrested. She was located, identified and the Office will recommend criminal damage to property charges to the Vernon County District Attorney's Office.
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people