VERNON COUNTY, Wis. - A 26-year-old woman faces criminal damage to property charges for driving her vehicle on farm fields, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
Authorities said Katie Karper, of La Crosse, caused $2,000 in damage to two farm fields that have different owners.
The first incident was reported on May 2, 2013, and happened near County Road V in Mt. Tabor. The second incident happened on June 22, 2013 near Norwegian Hollow Road in Ontario.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office said Karper was not arrested. She was located, identified and the Office will recommend criminal damage to property charges to the Vernon County District Attorney's Office.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry