VERNON COUNTY, Wis. - A 26-year-old woman faces criminal damage to property charges for driving her vehicle on farm fields, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
Authorities said Katie Karper, of La Crosse, caused $2,000 in damage to two farm fields that have different owners.
The first incident was reported on May 2, 2013, and happened near County Road V in Mt. Tabor. The second incident happened on June 22, 2013 near Norwegian Hollow Road in Ontario.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office said Karper was not arrested. She was located, identified and the Office will recommend criminal damage to property charges to the Vernon County District Attorney's Office.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls