TOWN OF PLOVER, Wis. - A Plover woman has been ordered to leave her rat-infested mobile home.
Portage County health officials said Darlene Flatoff has kept more than 300 rats in her home since last March. An inspection report said the home doesn't have adequate sewage disposal and is overrun with rats and their droppings.
Health officials said the problem began when Flatoff brought home domesticated rats from the pet store, they bred with wild rats and her place became infested.
The Wausau Daily Herald reported the sheriff's department expects the eviction to be carried out within the next 10 days. The rats will be removed and the mobile home will be razed.
- Video captures man stuffing puppies into drain
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowski traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota