TOWN OF PLOVER, Wis. - A Plover woman has been ordered to leave her rat-infested mobile home.
Portage County health officials said Darlene Flatoff has kept more than 300 rats in her home since last March. An inspection report said the home doesn't have adequate sewage disposal and is overrun with rats and their droppings.
Health officials said the problem began when Flatoff brought home domesticated rats from the pet store, they bred with wild rats and her place became infested.
The Wausau Daily Herald reported the sheriff's department expects the eviction to be carried out within the next 10 days. The rats will be removed and the mobile home will be razed.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend