TOWN OF PLOVER, Wis. - A Plover woman has been ordered to leave her rat-infested mobile home.
Portage County health officials said Darlene Flatoff has kept more than 300 rats in her home since last March. An inspection report said the home doesn't have adequate sewage disposal and is overrun with rats and their droppings.
Health officials said the problem began when Flatoff brought home domesticated rats from the pet store, they bred with wild rats and her place became infested.
The Wausau Daily Herald reported the sheriff's department expects the eviction to be carried out within the next 10 days. The rats will be removed and the mobile home will be razed.
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say