MADISON, Wis. - A 24-year-old Madison woman was able to escape the grasp of a man who followed and grabbed her Sunday morning, according to a release from Madison police.
The woman told police she was grabbed near the intersection of East Dayton Street and North Pinckney Street at about 4 a.m. She said the man put a hand over her mouth and an arm around her torso and told her not to scream.
She said she was able to get away and get into a nearby taxi. The taxi driver helped the woman as police were called.
The man is described as Hispanic, 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 7 inches tall with a slender build. He was wearing a white baseball cap, dark jeans and a dark long-sleeved shirt.Madison crime map
- Parents, child care centers face problems with 4-year-old kindergarten
- Iconic funk drummer Clyde Stubblefield leaves an international legacy
- Stripper sues Cruisin' Chubbys Gentleman's Club
- Teacher uses personal story to educate students on eating disorders
- February will end with near-record high temps, threat of severe thunderstorms
- Influenza cases peaking in Wisconsin