MADISON, Wis. - A 24-year-old Madison woman was able to escape the grasp of a man who followed and grabbed her Sunday morning, according to a release from Madison police.
The woman told police she was grabbed near the intersection of East Dayton Street and North Pinckney Street at about 4 a.m. She said the man put a hand over her mouth and an arm around her torso and told her not to scream.
She said she was able to get away and get into a nearby taxi. The taxi driver helped the woman as police were called.
The man is described as Hispanic, 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 7 inches tall with a slender build. He was wearing a white baseball cap, dark jeans and a dark long-sleeved shirt.Madison crime map
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend