MADISON, Wis. - A 24-year-old Madison woman was able to escape the grasp of a man who followed and grabbed her Sunday morning, according to a release from Madison police.
The woman told police she was grabbed near the intersection of East Dayton Street and North Pinckney Street at about 4 a.m. She said the man put a hand over her mouth and an arm around her torso and told her not to scream.
She said she was able to get away and get into a nearby taxi. The taxi driver helped the woman as police were called.
The man is described as Hispanic, 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 7 inches tall with a slender build. He was wearing a white baseball cap, dark jeans and a dark long-sleeved shirt.Madison crime map
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs