MONTROSE TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A woman was killed when she lost control of her vehicle, causing it to roll several times and land on its roof in a field, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies and emergency crews from Verona responded to County Road PB just south of Purcell Road in Montrose Township at 3:22 a.m. for a report of a single-vehicle crash.
The vehicle was found on its roof on the west side of the road, and the driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators said they believe speed was a contributing factor in the crash. They said the vehicle rolled several times before landing in the field.
County Road PB was closed for about three hours.
The name of the victim will be released by the Medical Examiner's Office after the notification of family members.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls