MONTROSE TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A woman was killed when she lost control of her vehicle, causing it to roll several times and land on its roof in a field, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies and emergency crews from Verona responded to County Road PB just south of Purcell Road in Montrose Township at 3:22 a.m. for a report of a single-vehicle crash.
The vehicle was found on its roof on the west side of the road, and the driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators said they believe speed was a contributing factor in the crash. They said the vehicle rolled several times before landing in the field.
County Road PB was closed for about three hours.
The name of the victim will be released by the Medical Examiner's Office after the notification of family members.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK