LEDGEVIEW, Wis. - A Wisconsin woman has died after falling 40 feet from a rocky cliff at Fonferek Glen Park.
Brown County sheriff's officials say 34-year-old April Janssen of De Pere fell Monday while trying to help an 18-year-old man who had fallen earlier.
The teen fell while trying to reach a hat that someone else had lost over the edge of a cliff. He fell about 10 feet to the creek bed below.
The sheriff's department says Janssen offered to help the teen, but lost her footing as she neared the edge of the cliff and fell.
Press-Gazette Media reports Janssen was pronounced dead at a hospital. The teen was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injuries 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap