TOWN OF NEW GLARUS, Wis. - A New Glarus woman was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving with a child in a vehicle after her car went down an embankment and into a creek, according to the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the N8700 block of State Highway 69 in the town of New Glarus at 8:35 p.m. for a report of a crash.
Sharon M. Frills, 27, told deputies she was traveling south on Highway 69 when she swerved for a deer.
Her four-year-old child received injures and was treated at the scene, according to deputies.
Frills was also cited on suspicion of failure to have a child in a child restraint, failure to have a vehicle under control and operating with a suspended license.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say