TOWN OF NEW GLARUS, Wis. - A New Glarus woman was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving with a child in a vehicle after her car went down an embankment and into a creek, according to the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the N8700 block of State Highway 69 in the town of New Glarus at 8:35 p.m. for a report of a crash.
Sharon M. Frills, 27, told deputies she was traveling south on Highway 69 when she swerved for a deer.
Her four-year-old child received injures and was treated at the scene, according to deputies.
Frills was also cited on suspicion of failure to have a child in a child restraint, failure to have a vehicle under control and operating with a suspended license.
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls
- UW study uses video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors