WAYNE TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A six-year-old girl was struck while getting off a school bus by a vehicle trying to pass the bus on the right shoulder, according to the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to State Highway 11 in Wayne Township at 3:38 p.m. Monday for a report of a vehicle versus pedestrian incident.
Investigators said Angela S. Goebel, 41, of Gratiot, was traveling west on Highway 11 when she passed a legally stopped bus. The bus had its red flashing lights activated and stop arm extended.
The victim was taken to Monroe Clinic for treatment.
Goebel was cited on suspicion of failing to stop for a stopped school bus and failure to have control of a vehicle.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls