WAYNE TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A six-year-old girl was struck while getting off a school bus by a vehicle trying to pass the bus on the right shoulder, according to the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to State Highway 11 in Wayne Township at 3:38 p.m. Monday for a report of a vehicle versus pedestrian incident.
Investigators said Angela S. Goebel, 41, of Gratiot, was traveling west on Highway 11 when she passed a legally stopped bus. The bus had its red flashing lights activated and stop arm extended.
The victim was taken to Monroe Clinic for treatment.
Goebel was cited on suspicion of failing to stop for a stopped school bus and failure to have control of a vehicle.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program