MADISON, Wis. - A woman seen swerving in traffic and hitting a snow bank on Sunday is suspected of driving while impaired for a fourth time, officials said.
The Madison Police department said at approximately 6:30 p.m., police responded to 100 block E. Washington Ave. in Madison for multiple reports of a woman driving recklessly.
A driver saw a woman swerving in traffic and another person told officers the woman hit a snow bank, the report said.
Authorities tracked down the woman at her home. The driver was identified as Lori A. Butson, 47, of Madison.
Butson was arrested on suspicion of her fourth OWI offense.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes