MILWAUKEE - A 20-year-old woman and her boyfriend have been charged in the death of a 5-year-old boy who a court official said was covered with bruises from head to toe.
WISN-TV reported Alyssa Banda and 23-year-old Marcos Colin appeared in court Saturday.
Banda is charged with neglect resulting in the death of her son, Jayden Banda. Colin is charged with physical abuse of a child and other counts.
During Saturday's appearance, Milwaukee County Court Commissioner Kevin Costello said Jayden's injuries were phenomenal. He said one of Jayden's legs was injured so badly, it would have required amputation if the boy had survived.
Prosecutors say Jayden was injured earlier this month and died Oct. 19.
Court records did not list defense attorneys for either Banda or Colin. Both are in custody.
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial