MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman required staples to close two head wounds after a beating and robbery early Saturday morning, according to police.
The 27-year-old victim told police she was walking home from the State Street area on South Shore Drive when a man came running after her. She said she believed he was armed with a bat, and she has no memory of the attack.
The woman's cellphone and debit card were missing, according to police.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say