MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman required staples to close two head wounds after a beating and robbery early Saturday morning, according to police.
The 27-year-old victim told police she was walking home from the State Street area on South Shore Drive when a man came running after her. She said she believed he was armed with a bat, and she has no memory of the attack.
The woman's cellphone and debit card were missing, according to police.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire