MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman required staples to close two head wounds after a beating and robbery early Saturday morning, according to police.
The 27-year-old victim told police she was walking home from the State Street area on South Shore Drive when a man came running after her. She said she believed he was armed with a bat, and she has no memory of the attack.
The woman's cellphone and debit card were missing, according to police.
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn