MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman required staples to close two head wounds after a beating and robbery early Saturday morning, according to police.
The 27-year-old victim told police she was walking home from the State Street area on South Shore Drive when a man came running after her. She said she believed he was armed with a bat, and she has no memory of the attack.
The woman's cellphone and debit card were missing, according to police.
- Woman stabbed with scissors in neck by her boyfriend
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids
- ACLU: Youth prison lawsuit prompted by silence from investigators
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles