MADISON, Wis. - A 44-year-old woman was battered during a home invasion Wednesday morning in what police are calling an apparent random crime.
A burglar broke in through a window at a home in the 6700 block of Park Edge Drive on Madison's far west side about 9:20 a.m. and surprised the victim, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
The woman was struck multiple times and was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries
The intruder fled with some of her property, police said.
Police said this appears to be a random crime, and anyone with any information is urged to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for up to a $1,000 reward.
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash