MADISON, Wis. - A 44-year-old woman was battered during a home invasion Wednesday morning in what police are calling an apparent random crime.
A burglar broke in through a window at a home in the 6700 block of Park Edge Drive on Madison's far west side about 9:20 a.m. and surprised the victim, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
The woman was struck multiple times and was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries
The intruder fled with some of her property, police said.
Police said this appears to be a random crime, and anyone with any information is urged to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for up to a $1,000 reward.
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday