MADISON, Wis. - A 19-year-old Madison woman was repeatedly attacked by a man she met on Facebook, according to Madison police.
The victim told police she dated the man for about a week after an Internet chat. She said they were driving in her SUV Wednesday afternoon when he ordered her to pull over in an isolated area near East Washington Avenue and State Highway 30.
The man used a seat belt to try to strangle her numerous times and pulled strands of her hair out, according to police.
The victim told police she drove to a west side neighborhood hoping to honk the SUV's horn near the house of a friend to get help. She said the man choked her again while pulling her hair.
Police said concerned citizens got involved and the man fled.
Police arrested Donald H. Sampson, 18, of Madison at his Coho Street home on suspicion of strangulation, battery and disorderly conduct.
Sampson has been the subject of other cases of violence against women, including an attack on a 15-year-old, according to police.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash