MADISON, Wis. - Police say a 19-year-old Illinois woman was arrested after attempting to leave a East Towne Mall retailer with unpaid items.
According to a report from Madison police, Brittany D. James, 19, Hazelcrest, Ill., had taken items from Gordmon's retailer and placed them in empty bags. She attempted to leave the store without paying for the items, police said.
Officers approached James and tried to verbally direct her back into the store. According to the report, James did not comply.
According to the report, James yelled at officers, causing a large disturbance in the mall. She was taken into custody and brought to the Dane County Jail.
James was charged with disorderly conduct and retail theft.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say