MADISON, Wis. - Police say a 19-year-old Illinois woman was arrested after attempting to leave a East Towne Mall retailer with unpaid items.
According to a report from Madison police, Brittany D. James, 19, Hazelcrest, Ill., had taken items from Gordmon's retailer and placed them in empty bags. She attempted to leave the store without paying for the items, police said.
Officers approached James and tried to verbally direct her back into the store. According to the report, James did not comply.
According to the report, James yelled at officers, causing a large disturbance in the mall. She was taken into custody and brought to the Dane County Jail.
James was charged with disorderly conduct and retail theft.
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors
- Papermaker agrees to complete Fox River cleanup
- Wine-and-tapas bar, gastropub open in Dane County airport
- Search of lake for human remains from plane crash ends
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested
- PD: Drunk Mt. Horeb man jumps from moving car, runs into side of SUV