OSSEO, Wis. - Osseo police have arrested a woman in the death of her boyfriend's 22-month-old daughter.
Officers on Thursday arrested the 22-year-old woman in Jackson County on suspicion of first-degree reckless homicide.
According to police, the woman found Alexis Behlke not breathing early on June 22. The girl was taken to a hospital in Osseo where she was pronounced dead.
The La Crosse Tribune reports the former Osseo woman was the girl's caregiver. She was arrested at her new home in Garfield.
Osseo Police Chief Timothy Wilson expects the woman will appear in court Monday. It's not clear when the Trempealeau County District Attorney's office will make a charging decision.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say