OSSEO, Wis. - Osseo police have arrested a woman in the death of her boyfriend's 22-month-old daughter.
Officers on Thursday arrested the 22-year-old woman in Jackson County on suspicion of first-degree reckless homicide.
According to police, the woman found Alexis Behlke not breathing early on June 22. The girl was taken to a hospital in Osseo where she was pronounced dead.
The La Crosse Tribune reports the former Osseo woman was the girl's caregiver. She was arrested at her new home in Garfield.
Osseo Police Chief Timothy Wilson expects the woman will appear in court Monday. It's not clear when the Trempealeau County District Attorney's office will make a charging decision.
- Congress considering removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Officials urge vaccinating horses against mosquito-spread diseases
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say