OSSEO, Wis. - Osseo police have arrested a woman in the death of her boyfriend's 22-month-old daughter.
Officers on Thursday arrested the 22-year-old woman in Jackson County on suspicion of first-degree reckless homicide.
According to police, the woman found Alexis Behlke not breathing early on June 22. The girl was taken to a hospital in Osseo where she was pronounced dead.
The La Crosse Tribune reports the former Osseo woman was the girl's caregiver. She was arrested at her new home in Garfield.
Osseo Police Chief Timothy Wilson expects the woman will appear in court Monday. It's not clear when the Trempealeau County District Attorney's office will make a charging decision.
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture