OSSEO, Wis. - Osseo police have arrested a woman in the death of her boyfriend's 22-month-old daughter.
Officers on Thursday arrested the 22-year-old woman in Jackson County on suspicion of first-degree reckless homicide.
According to police, the woman found Alexis Behlke not breathing early on June 22. The girl was taken to a hospital in Osseo where she was pronounced dead.
The La Crosse Tribune reports the former Osseo woman was the girl's caregiver. She was arrested at her new home in Garfield.
Osseo Police Chief Timothy Wilson expects the woman will appear in court Monday. It's not clear when the Trempealeau County District Attorney's office will make a charging decision.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral