MADISON, Wis. - Witnesses helped police find the driver of a vehicle that was found crashed into a tree Wednesday morning, according to a release from the Madison Police Department.
Madison police responded to South Thompson Drive at East Buckeye Road around 5:30 a.m. for reports of a car versus tree crash, officials said. Police found an injured 18-year-old passenger inside the crashed vehicle, but did not find a driver.
The driver, Jordan J. Herritz, 19, of Madison, was later located with the help of witnesses, and was cited for operating a motor vehicle while under the influence causing injury, according to the release.
Herritz told police he lost control while driving on South Thompson Drive.
The 18-year-old passenger suffered a broken leg, police said.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement