MADISON, Wis. - Witnesses helped police find the driver of a vehicle that was found crashed into a tree Wednesday morning, according to a release from the Madison Police Department.
Madison police responded to South Thompson Drive at East Buckeye Road around 5:30 a.m. for reports of a car versus tree crash, officials said. Police found an injured 18-year-old passenger inside the crashed vehicle, but did not find a driver.
The driver, Jordan J. Herritz, 19, of Madison, was later located with the help of witnesses, and was cited for operating a motor vehicle while under the influence causing injury, according to the release.
Herritz told police he lost control while driving on South Thompson Drive.
The 18-year-old passenger suffered a broken leg, police said.
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two