MADISON, Wis. - A witness in a gang turf war homicide trial has been arrested after failing to show up to testify in Dane County Circuit Court.
Police said the witness is a relative of two of the 10 people charged in the 2011 shooting death of Jonathan Wilson. The 19-year-old currently on trial, Demitrius Matticx, is accused of shooting Wilson as the victim fled in his car from rival gang members in a turf war on Madison's north side.
The State Journal said the 20-year-old witness is in the Dane County Jail and could testify Thursday.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks