MADISON, Wis. - A witness in a gang turf war homicide trial has been arrested after failing to show up to testify in Dane County Circuit Court.
Police said the witness is a relative of two of the 10 people charged in the 2011 shooting death of Jonathan Wilson. The 19-year-old currently on trial, Demitrius Matticx, is accused of shooting Wilson as the victim fled in his car from rival gang members in a turf war on Madison's north side.
The State Journal said the 20-year-old witness is in the Dane County Jail and could testify Thursday.
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- Funding is available to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River