MADISON, Wis. - A witness in a gang turf war homicide trial has been arrested after failing to show up to testify in Dane County Circuit Court.
Police said the witness is a relative of two of the 10 people charged in the 2011 shooting death of Jonathan Wilson. The 19-year-old currently on trial, Demitrius Matticx, is accused of shooting Wilson as the victim fled in his car from rival gang members in a turf war on Madison's north side.
The State Journal said the 20-year-old witness is in the Dane County Jail and could testify Thursday.
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says
- Man pulls gun during road rage incident, police say
- Police warn of kidnapping scam
- Driver injured in suspected OWI rollover, deputies say