MADISON, Wis. - A witness in a gang turf war homicide trial has been arrested after failing to show up to testify in Dane County Circuit Court.
Police said the witness is a relative of two of the 10 people charged in the 2011 shooting death of Jonathan Wilson. The 19-year-old currently on trial, Demitrius Matticx, is accused of shooting Wilson as the victim fled in his car from rival gang members in a turf war on Madison's north side.
The State Journal said the 20-year-old witness is in the Dane County Jail and could testify Thursday.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire