With temperatures nearing zero, people from across the state were looking for ways to escape the bitter cold.
"I'm a wimp when it comes to cold, and it's cold," Kris Keller, of Illinois, said.
Dozens of families like the Kellers flocked to the Wisconsin Dells to enjoy a little splash of summer at the Great Wolf Lodge water park and resort. They said it was the perfect way to beat the winter time blues.
"We're enjoying some time as a family, out of the cold and into the warmth. It's 85 degrees in here so we can't complain," Keller said.
But not every one headed inside from the cold. Others headed to the hills for some outdoor fun.
"Why not?" said Dan Leja. Leja and his friends chose to hit the slopes at Cascade Mountain just outside the Dells.
"It's a beautiful day and it's not that cold," he said about the negative two degree temperature. Hundreds braved the cold on the mountain, even calling the day out a treat.
Temperatures are supposed to rise again by the end of the week, but until then Wisconsinites are weathering the weather in their own ways.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart