MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin's youth turkey hunt is just a few days away.
The two-day hunt gets under way Saturday. The hunt allows mentors to take children as young as 10 out hunting even if they haven't completed hunter education Mentors must stay within an arm's reach, however.
Children between the ages of 12 and 15 who have completed hunter education may hunt during the youth hunt as long as they're with an adult.
Each child must have a valid spring turkey harvest permit, license and stamp.
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two