MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin's youth turkey hunt is just a few days away.
The two-day hunt gets under way Saturday. The hunt allows mentors to take children as young as 10 out hunting even if they haven't completed hunter education Mentors must stay within an arm's reach, however.
Children between the ages of 12 and 15 who have completed hunter education may hunt during the youth hunt as long as they're with an adult.
Each child must have a valid spring turkey harvest permit, license and stamp.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs