SEATTLE - Ellen Chapman had 17 kills, Deme Morales added 14 -- including the final two points -- and 12th-seeded Wisconsin upset top-seeded defending national champion Texas 3-1 in the NCAA volleyball semifinals Thursday night.
Wisconsin (28-9) took control early and held off the Longhorns 25-19, 25-18, 26-28, 25-23.
Texas (27-3), trying to become the sixth school to win consecutive national titles, had won 23 straight matches since losing to Arizona State in early September.
Wisconsin will play No. 2 Penn State or No. 3 Washington in the championship match Saturday night.
The Badgers are the lowest seeded team to reach the championship. The previous lowest was Stanford at No. 11 in 2004.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK