SEATTLE - Ellen Chapman had 17 kills, Deme Morales added 14 -- including the final two points -- and 12th-seeded Wisconsin upset top-seeded defending national champion Texas 3-1 in the NCAA volleyball semifinals Thursday night.
Wisconsin (28-9) took control early and held off the Longhorns 25-19, 25-18, 26-28, 25-23.
Texas (27-3), trying to become the sixth school to win consecutive national titles, had won 23 straight matches since losing to Arizona State in early September.
Wisconsin will play No. 2 Penn State or No. 3 Washington in the championship match Saturday night.
The Badgers are the lowest seeded team to reach the championship. The previous lowest was Stanford at No. 11 in 2004.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs