MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin residents will be able to safely dispose of unused prescription drugs at sites all around the state on April 27.
Sites are being set up in the state and across the country as part of the national prescription drug "take back" day. Anyone with unwanted, expired or unused prescription drugs can drop them off for free at any of the designated sites.
At last year's event, more than 30 tons of prescription drugs were dropped off during two different "take back" days in Wisconsin. Nationally, about 244 tons was collected.
The effort is supported by various federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire