MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin residents will be able to safely dispose of unused prescription drugs at sites all around the state on April 27.
Sites are being set up in the state and across the country as part of the national prescription drug "take back" day. Anyone with unwanted, expired or unused prescription drugs can drop them off for free at any of the designated sites.
At last year's event, more than 30 tons of prescription drugs were dropped off during two different "take back" days in Wisconsin. Nationally, about 244 tons was collected.
The effort is supported by various federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two