MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin residents will be able to safely dispose of unused prescription drugs at sites all around the state on April 27.
Sites are being set up in the state and across the country as part of the national prescription drug "take back" day. Anyone with unwanted, expired or unused prescription drugs can drop them off for free at any of the designated sites.
At last year's event, more than 30 tons of prescription drugs were dropped off during two different "take back" days in Wisconsin. Nationally, about 244 tons was collected.
The effort is supported by various federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement