MADISON, Wis. - There will be no alcohol on Wisconsin's Rose Bowl-bound equipment truck this year.
The athletic department policy change prohibits transporting alcohol to off-campus events.
It comes in the wake of the John Chadima scandal during last year's trip. He's the senior associate athletic director who allegedly sexually assaulted a student after a party he hosted. It included alcohol bought with booster funds and trucked to games with the rest of the equipment.
The State Journal reported the policy allows for serving of alcohol at other department events but forbids using taxpayer money to buy booze. It also forbids serving student athletes, student managers or minors even if they're accompanied by parents.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls