MADISON, Wis. - There will be no alcohol on Wisconsin's Rose Bowl-bound equipment truck this year.
The athletic department policy change prohibits transporting alcohol to off-campus events.
It comes in the wake of the John Chadima scandal during last year's trip. He's the senior associate athletic director who allegedly sexually assaulted a student after a party he hosted. It included alcohol bought with booster funds and trucked to games with the rest of the equipment.
The State Journal reported the policy allows for serving of alcohol at other department events but forbids using taxpayer money to buy booze. It also forbids serving student athletes, student managers or minors even if they're accompanied by parents.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say