A 20-year-old Racine man who's accused of engaging in lewd behavior in a library has been banned from "all the libraries on the face of the Earth."
Tyree S. Carter is charged with misdemeanor counts of lewd behavior and disorderly conduct. He's due in court next month for a pre-trial conference.
A Journal Times of Racine report said Carter is accused of openly masturbating in the Racine Public Library last week. A witness told investigators Carter was out in the open, not trying to conceal his act.
The criminal complaint said he apologized to responding police officers.
His signature bond was set at $1,000. Court records said as a condition of his bond, he was told to "stay out of all the libraries on the face of the Earth."
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say