TOWN OF LIBERTY, Wis. - Authorities are investigating the cause of a dairy barn fire that killed 120 cattle in eastern Wisconsin.
Valders Fire Chief Dan Esser told the Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter about 10 to 15 cows died in the blaze itself early Friday. While the rest of the animals, including heifers, got out of the barn, he says they had to be euthanized for smoke inhalation that may have occurred over the course of several hours.
He said there was extensive damage to the barn with a partial collapse that made it tough to get the cattle out.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says