MADISON, Wis. - A Republican running to unseat Democratic U.S. Rep. Ron Kind said he is backing out of the race so voters can line up behind a single challenger.
Chris Anderson, a former aide to U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson, announced Wednesday he would no longer run for western Wisconsin's 3rd Congressional District. Anderson said he will endorse Republican Tony Kurtz in the race because Kurtz supports conservative ideas.
Kurtz said he has hired Anderson to work as finance director for his campaign.
Three Republicans remain in the race for the seat Kind has occupied since 1997. Kind's office didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land