MADISON, Wis. - A Republican running to unseat Democratic U.S. Rep. Ron Kind said he is backing out of the race so voters can line up behind a single challenger.
Chris Anderson, a former aide to U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson, announced Wednesday he would no longer run for western Wisconsin's 3rd Congressional District. Anderson said he will endorse Republican Tony Kurtz in the race because Kurtz supports conservative ideas.
Kurtz said he has hired Anderson to work as finance director for his campaign.
Three Republicans remain in the race for the seat Kind has occupied since 1997. Kind's office didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion