MADISON, Wis. - WISC-TV won the 2015 Station of the Year – Medium Market at the Wisconsin Broadcasters Awards Gala Saturday night.
The station also won 2015 News Operations of the Year for medium markets and 18 other awards:
- Best personality – Michelle Li
- Best evening newscast – 2nd place, News 3 at 6: No charges in the death of Tony Robinson
- Best spot news – 2nd place, News 3 at 6: No charges in the death of Tony Robinson
- News writing – 2nd place, Wisconsin's Fast Girl" Suzy Favor Hamilton
- Series or document – 1st place, Marijuana: Beyond the money
- Live on-scene reporting – 1st place, Leah Linscheid Compilation
- Best continuing coverage – 1st place, Right to work moves through Wisconsin
- Best continuing coverage – 2nd place, Continuing coverage: Tony Robinson
- Best use of news video – 2nd place, No Excuses
- Sports reporting – 3rd place, The Golden Rule
- Best use of sports video – 1st place, Another miracle on ice
- Best use of sports video – 2nd place, The heart of a Lancer
- Significant community impact – 3rd place, WISC and Buddy Check 3
- Specialty programming – 3rd place, Return for the Title: Live in Indianapolis
- Editorial/commentary – 2nd place, Punishing the Poor
- Editorial/commentary – 3rd place, State Embarrassment
- Promotional announcement -1st place, Live at Four – Launch
- Best commercial – 3rd place, Wisconsin Weather Calendar "Wisconsin Colors"
A full list of winners can be found online.
- Janesville police search for suspect after shots fired in hotel
- Students make every penny count to raise money after Hurricane Maria
- DATCP releases 'Gift Card Do's, Don'ts and Gotchas'
- Local mom says thanks to community after receiving check for month's rent
- Trouble in Toyland report express concerns about children's toys connecting to internet
- Holiday spending expected to be at a 15-year high