MADISON, Wis. - WISC-TV and Charter Communications have reached an agreement to carry the CBS affiliate on the cable system, according to company officials.
The station and cable provider have been in negotiations for several weeks to continue to provide programming for viewers in southern Wisconsin. The previous agreement expired at midnight Jan. 1 but both parties agreed to extend the deadline to noon Wednesday as talks continued.
WISC-TV general manager Tom Bier said, "We are pleased that we were able to reach agreement without an interruption in service to our viewers and those of Charter. We thank our viewers for their patience and understanding with this dispute."
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say
- State Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- State dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Madison man claims $50,000 lottery prize
- Consumer Reports: How to ease stress of moving
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field