MADISON, Wis. - WISC-TV and Charter Communications have reached an agreement to carry the CBS affiliate on the cable system, according to company officials.
The station and cable provider have been in negotiations for several weeks to continue to provide programming for viewers in southern Wisconsin. The previous agreement expired at midnight Jan. 1 but both parties agreed to extend the deadline to noon Wednesday as talks continued.
WISC-TV general manager Tom Bier said, "We are pleased that we were able to reach agreement without an interruption in service to our viewers and those of Charter. We thank our viewers for their patience and understanding with this dispute."
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs