ARENA, Wis. - Minneapolis police said they found the body of an Arena, Wis., woman murdered in her home earlier this week.
Lois Swenson, 76, died from multiple blunt-force injuries, according to police.
Investigators found Swenson's body Wednesday afternoon during a welfare check.
No arrests have been made.
Friends of Swenson said she was heavily involved in social justice, peace and environmental issues.
She worked as a teacher for many years, they added.
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested
- PD: Drunk Mt. Horeb man jumps from moving car, runs into side of SUV
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say